If you have problems with your MicronEye there is a good
chance that the problem is setup-related. If you encounter a problem
with your MicronEye, run through this checklist of common setup
problems to verify that your MicronEye has been setup
- 1. Verify that the card is plugged in properly. Symptoms
of this problem include a peppered pattern on the screen, or an
all white screen that doesn't go away even when you cover the
lens, or the computer just 'hanging' when it attempts to send a
command or receive an image.
- 2. Make certain that the lens cap is off and that the
aperature setting is not set to 'C' (closed).
- 3. If the display appears to be all black, set the f-stop
to the lowest setting and aim the MicronEye at a light source. If
any of the screen turns white then the problem may be exposure
- 4. If the display is all white, try setting the f-stop up
or reducing the exposure time.
- 5. Try turning off the computer, brush off the interface
card with a soft brush, clean the fingers on the card with
propanol alcohol and a cotton swab, reinstall the card, and power
up the computer.
- 6. Make certain that the cable connecting the MicronEye
and the interface card is firmly in place.
MICRON TECHNOLOGY, INC. TEL. (208) 383-4040
VISION SYSTEMS GROUP TWX 910-970-5973
2805 E. COLUMBIA RD.
BOISE, ID 83706
- 7. If you are still unable to make the MicronEye operate
properly, please contact us at Micron: